Save this for later viewing/reading:
…and I’ve succombed to the pressure. Actually, I just enjoyed reading my friends’ lists and so I thought I would partake and hope I get to read more from other friends. Too bad I can only tag 25 friends. I’d like to ask to see more from more friends. Oh well…
Here’s mine for now:
1. Building lists of 25 things is very painful for me. I like lists of 10…
2. My nickname was “Peenya” when I was a little kid. I took on the name while visiting a group of kids across the tracks in my Uncle’s neighborhood. I still don’t know ’til this day why I picked Peenya.
3. My brother stole my car for an hour each day to go on a joy ride with his best friend at the time while I took naps after coming home from college. The police eventually caught him and woke me up from one of those infamous hour long naps. After they asked me do I know a “Jim Na”, I laughed out loud like an evil dictator and looked very forward to exposing the kid everyone in the city thought was an angel.
4. I can type pretty fast — to be exact, I type over a 100 words a minute unless I’m typing on a lame keyboard like the one I’m using right now.
5. From birth, all I wanted to do in life was make other people smile. When people asked me the question, “What do you want to do when you grow up?” I always thought about this desire first.
6. I hate smoking – esp. people who smoke into my face.
7. I’ve played in a $10k buy in poker tournament at the Mirage after winning $30k with $4500. I’ve also won $25k over 21 days in blackjack not losing a dollar in the streak of wins. I’ve also lost uh…
8. The apartment I first got when landing in Busan was unit #1818. In Korean, the word 18 can be pronounced like a word that means “sh*t” in Korean. So, whenever people asked me my apartment number in Korean, I felt like I was telling them I lived in “Sh*t Sh*t”.
9. My dad has been held up by a gun twice. He took the gun out of the guy’s hand the first time to his amazement. The second guy, he wrestled to the ground & bit his hand. My dad is superman.
10. This same superman tried to make the family laugh by wearing my mom’s lingerie one Xmas a looooooooong time ago. He walked into the living room with her panties and her bra with his mmmmm… hanging out of the underwear. I haven’t laughed harder in my life.
11. I can’t believe I’ve gotten to #11 already. I was thinking I could only think of 10 to be honest.
12. I sold a house to a professional baseball player who signed a contract for $50 million dollars. A short time after, another teammate of his and yes, another professional baseball pitcher bought my house. Still am a little dumfounded at the latter event. Oh and another pitcher on the Mariners lived just 2 houses away from me. If you saw my house, you would be just as perplexed as me. These weren’t expensive homes.
13. I enjoy getting exfoliation treatments at the bathhouses in Korea. I wish we had them more regularly in the states.
14. I love massages. Don’t we all?
15. If I had no financial worries at all, I’d do what Jae Pak mentioned: go to culinary school or at least learn more about cooking. I might get my LMP (licensed massage practictioner, I think) so I could get massages in return ^^ I’d do more writing. I’d definitely do more volunteering and probably really focus on both WhenILeave and the Synthesis Foundation.
16. I’m really enjoying watching the TV series Weeds right now. It’s different.
17. I love Pagliacci’as Pizza, Duke’s Clam Chowder and good Phad Thai at almost any decent Thai restaurant. I could probably eat my Uncle’s chicken terriyaki every day. I miss all of these here in Korea.
18. I’m contemplating moving either up to Seoul later this year or possibly back home if the opportunity exists.
19. I’ve realized I’m “old” for the first time in my life recently. The proximity of 37 soon to be 38 to 40 really just floored me a few days ago. 😦
20. I still regret having too good of a time at my friend’s Susan Ahn’s (now Susan Han) wedding with my buds Darby and Paul one weekend many eons ago. It was literally one of the most fun times in my life, but to this day, I’m sorrier than ever to Sue.
21. I wonder how many people even get to reading up to #21 or even past #10 in these lists??? Maybe it’s just me, but I sorta just scanned through the lists others’ sent to me. I did try and go back and finally read some of them. I swear!!
22. I think these “25 Random Things about…” lists are becoming relatively viral on the Internet right now. I’m wondering if it was a Facebook staff member who concocted this idea because the more we do these, the more traffic Facebook gets. I like learning more about my friends definitely. At the same time, I think like an Online Marketer. For example, if I wanted to promote one of my websites I’m working on like SEMCommonSense, I could ask you all to copy this into your list & as this idea continues to spread, I could drive traffic to my site. Moving on…
23. I wish we could record events in our lives more easily. While I don’t want “big brother” watching me every moment, I still think about certain times that I simply wish I could see again: my boys’ when they were younger, the speech at my brother’s wedding, the “good times” in many of my relationships, etc.
24. I’m currently locked out of my apartment right now. The electronic lock to my door had a malfunction that the staff I pay hundreds of dollars monthly couldn’t figure out last night. If I wasn’t locked out, I probably would have never gotten to writing this list, I’m thinking.
25. Some of these lesser known facts are already online on the about page on my blog plus some other things you may not know about me.